Monday, June 28, 2010

Box 4 Disaster!

Don't you hate it when Pessimist are right?


I had a neighbor tell me not to garden because Oklahoma gardens usually turn out in heartbreak. Well, this morning all our corn was flat from the rain last night and I had to uproot all my potatos. They were infected with fungus and rot. I noticed the leaves yellowing earlier, but hoped they could fend it off. No way.



I did manage to get a few potatoes. But I found a few mushy, slimy ones as well (below). They nearly made me gag. I almost don't dare eat the good ones! Infact I threw away some healthy looking ones simply because they were touching the slimy ones. Gross!!

Here is Jane helping me with the Potato harvest. Don't worry, I didn't let her get near the icky ones. On the grass, the good potatos look a little like Easter Eggs don't they??
This is the end of the story for our potatoes this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment