Thursday, May 6, 2010

Garden Box 2

In our second garden box we planted two more tomato plants (a different variety), cucumbers, a banana pepper plant, carrots and some squash. This box was planted one week after box #1 so it is 4 weeks old. Here is a picture of the banana pepper and a cucumber: Here is a tomato. Now this last tomato picture is of a plant that has given me a lot of grief. Look close and you will see the bottom leaves have copper spots on them. They get those spots and then the leaf dies and shrivels up. I think it might be blight and I probably bought it infected. I'm treating it with miracle grow that contains copper in it. I read that treating blight with copper fungicide usually does the trick, but I don't know if the Miracle Grow with the copper in it will work because the package didn't say 'fungicide'. Another problem is that the plant keeps falling over. I've built a mound around it of dirt and gave it a bamboo support yet even with this, the more it grows, the more it keeps trying to tip. Any suggestions on either problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment